By Danae Meyn
An easy to make Pad Thai. Morels and Asparagus go together. Feel free to substitute other mushrooms, vegetables, or meat in similar amounts. Pad Thai is basically a “stir fry” , so have all your ingredients measured and ready to add.
Makes about 4 cups worth , so will feed 2-4 depending on serving size.
- 4 ounces dried rice noodles (med or large)
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 4-5 ounces fresh morels, quartered
- 4-5 ounces asparagus, in 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups mung bean sprouts
- 3/4 cup sliced green onion
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon chile-garlic sauce (optional, if you don’t like heat)
- 3 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted peanuts
- Soak rice noodles in warm water in a large bowl until limp, about 20 minutes.
- Heat oil over high heat in a wok until very hot. Add the garlic and stir fry until golden about 10 seconds. Add the egg and cook, stirring, about 30 seconds.
- Add the morels and asparagus and continue to stir/cook for about 2 minutes.
- Drain the noodles and add to the wok, tossing with tongs until they soften, about 1 minute.
- Add the bean sprouts, onions,vinegar, fish sauce, sugar, and chile sauce: toss until all ingredients are cooked as desired and noodles are heated through – about 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle with peanuts and serve.