By Danae Meyn
Makes 2-3 servings.
- 1-1/2 slices bacon
- 1 large shallot, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 cups sliced chanterelles
- 2 ears corn with kernels cut from the cob
- 1/8 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon until crisp. Chop and set aside.
- Add the shallots to the bacon fat and cook, stirring until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and cook, stirring until they release their juices (about 3-4 minutes).
- Add corn kernels and the water and cook until tender-crisp (about 4-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat. Stir in chopped bacon and season with salt and pepper.